Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Google Teacher Academy

So... I didn't get accepted.

Am I upset? Sure - it's a huge opportunity and honor.

Am I despairing? Not a bit. Instead of wallowing, the wheels are already turning in my head. What can I do myself to make this year amazing? How can I be more creative? How can I use Google Apps to their fullest potential and spread the word?

Maybe I'll create my own action plan. Maybe I'll put together a mini-GTA with my coworkers where we can collaborate and learn from each other. I'm most definitely still going to apply to present at Pete&C in Hershey, PA this year.

While I would have loved to have the opportunity to hang out in New York with some of the most energetic, brilliant teachers, this is not the end for my journey. If I want my students to see that failure is a part of the process, then I need to model this in my own life. I will keep trying. I will keep trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment