Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Popplet

Created on my iPad
Popplet has been around for a while, but I'm finding myself using it a lot more now that I have the iPad app. While I haven't paid yet for the full version, I still find uses for the limited free version. Note - the free version does not sync between the iPad local popplets and your web-based popplets.

Popplet is a mindmapping tool. Its intuitive interface encourages creative diagramming. Double click your workspace, and a popple appears. Change the color or size of the popple, insert an image or a video, draw in the popple... your imagination is the limit (some features only on the web app). Popples can be linked together. Once they are linked, popples interact. You can click and drag a popple anywhere on the screen. Popples can also be automatically arranged, using the organize setting on the web app.



Popplets can be shared and are collaborative - both on the free web app or the paid iPad app. Embed your popplet into an ePortfolio or share on Twitter.

I use Popplet in the classroom for easy seating charts and project management.


I received a notice today that Popplet (at least the web version) is moving towards a subscription-based model, although they promise that there will always be a free version for users to play around with.

Positives:
- Intuitive
- Useful
- Collaborative

Improvements:
- Other shapes for popplets (circles would be nice)
- Font colors

No comments:

Post a Comment