Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Blogging on an iPad

Today, I'm blogging from my iPad. I want to test out how easy is to use Blogger to publish on a mobile device. Actually, my daughter is currently monopolizing my laptop while she is updating her blog. And the family computer? Well, my seven year old son is blogging on that. Unfortunately, there isn't a decent iPad Blogger App. I would love to see one - especially one that allows easy import from the iPad camera. This would be a simple solution for students. They could take a picture of a project they are working on, and then reflect on their blogs all from the iPad. As it is, I'm using the Chrome app to access the web version of Blogger.

There is one thing I'm noticing now - no spell check while typing. Yikes! I need that, and I'm sure many students do too.

My daughter is inspiring me with the mix of text and video on her blog. Here's a recent webisode of hers where she reveals the results of her audition for a part in a ballet production. To add this in, I opened up YouTube in a separate tab (desktop version), copied the HTML from Eva's video and added it here in Blogger.

Adding images is tricky. I had to put the top image in with code - something I don't expect most students to do.

So, to conclude, it's a bit clunky to use Blogger on an iPad, but totally doable.

No comments:

Post a Comment