Thursday, July 12, 2012

Space Planning with Living Spaces

Today, I'm working on my classroom arrangement. It's challenging, as most of the faculty in my school share workspace with at least one other faculty member. Every decision must take into account the needs of others. I also have a lot of storage cabinets - a necessity for an English classroom.

Here's what my plan looks like right now. It's not as revolutionary as I'd like, but it's hard to showcase classroom environment in 2D. I can't wait to get to work making my walls beautiful.


Thanks to Miguel Guhlin for introducing me to Living Spaces - a free web and iPad app. I found the web app to contain less bugs than the iPad app. There are also more tools available, my favorite being the clone tool (handy for classroom chairs). Designs can be shared between iPad and Web app.

Living Spaces is a useful tool to play with over the summer while dreaming about the ideal classroom setup for the fall. Check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment