Sunday, July 8, 2012

SEPAECT & Networking

Today, I'm missing a cookout with the fabulous Southeast PAECT folks. Bummer. I'm not feeling my best. I was looking forward to this opportunity to hobnob with local edtechies. I've been to many conferences in the past few years, and it always seems as if I "know" the people I see, but they don't know me. It's really my own fault - I need to be less shy and put myself out there, getting to know my fellow cohorts. Thankfully, my local chapter of PAECT (Pennsylvania Association for Educational Communications & Technology - say THAT three times fast!) has been working hard to put on events to bring people out of the woodwork. It's at these events that relationships are formed and then, when you are at a big conference, you feel like you have a home base - your buddies that can meet you for a quick meal in between sessions to compare notes.

I'm not there today, but I plan to make every effort to be at the future events. Then, when PETE&C 2013 rolls around, I will not feel like this:


No comments:

Post a Comment